I suggest you ...

The Profiles.xml file should be saved in All Users folder

If I have multiple users accounts, the battery profile is saved only for each user. When I license battery bar, the license is activated only for one user. It should be saved for all users.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminChris Thompson (Admin, Osiris Development) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminChris Thompson (Admin, Osiris Development) responded  · 

The problem with this is that the All Users folder is a protected folder in Vista and Windows 7. You must have admin privileges to write to it. I may be able to get around this by creating the file during install and giving the file write permissions, but I’ll need to test that out.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why not just save in program files? or let the user choose where to store the file? maybe with a ini file?

• AdminChris Thompson (Admin, Osiris Development) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marc> You should be able to use it just fine with different users. The profile data will be stored per user so the time remaining estimates will be slightly different based on different usage patterns, but the software won't crash or fail to work, or it shouldn't. If you have an error message of some kind then you need to post that at our support forums (http://osirisdevelopment.com/forum).

• emwtur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use "Public" folders instead , or \ProgamData (requires elevated priv).

• Nick C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's true, I believe this is exactly how other apps do it. It's also best practice to store app config in that folder.

Feedback and Knowledge Base