I suggest you ...

Add option to display capacity on mAh

While Windows reports capacity in mWh, it also provides voltage, which means that Battery bar could compute a reasonable estimate for mAh, just by dividing mWh by the average voltage remaining.

While mWh yields theoretically more consistant draw, mAh would allow people to callibrate their expectations with the specifications printed on the battery (which typically only lists mAh rating).

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • raynrayn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree in the uk all batterys are displayed in mAh and mWh is confusing a little bit but if users have the opton to choose wich reading is displayed they can tell when they would need to replace the battery or how long it would last altho i know the math equation to convert mWh to mAh it would make things more user friendly for less technical people

• DannyDanny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Panasonic CF-18 Toughbook and my battery has 7.4V and 6.6Ah printed on it.
        And my Dell C600 has mAh and Whr on one battery and the other is just mAh.
        And last but not least my Acer just has mAh on the battery.

• Matthew HelyarMatthew Helyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if you're going to do the

"Add the possibility to set the Designed Capacity manually"
        http://feedback.osirisdevelopment.com/pages/4284-batterybar/suggestions/94531-add-the-possibility-to-set-the-designed-capacity-manually

you should seriously take mWh vs mAh into consideration (either with a clear note, on or linked from the preferences page, of which is which and how to calculate if you don't have the right one; or simply with a radio box for which was entered) as a lot of people may be thinking their is reporting wrong because they didn't notice or don't understand the difference between mAh and mWh. If people were to set theirs to a mAh value in a mWh field without realising it, it will cause you a lot of headaches with people complaining of a bug which isn't there. My laptop batteries and the listings for spares I can find online are only written in mAh for both my laptops.

I didn't articulate my point very well, I hope you get what I mean.

Feedback and Knowledge Base