I suggest you ...

Independent low battery alerts for a two battery setup

I think those on a two-battery system could really use a feature that alerts when either battery reaches the low-battery threshold, asking the user to either take out the battery or charge it up, even if Windows still says there is plenty of combined power left.

On my laptop with two batteries, Windows combines the capacity of the two batteries as one remaining percentage/capacity, but it drains one battery completely down to 0% before using the other battery.

Chris had mentioned that it isn't good for a battery to reach below 30% or it wears out faster.

When low battery alerts are setup in Windows, they will only trigger when the remaining capacity of the sum of both batteries reaches that level, so in my setup my low battery alert of 30% doesn't trigger until one battery is completely drained to 0% and the other one is at 60%.

This feature would allow me to take better care of my batteries, and know when it's a good time to switch out or find a plug, and not kill my cells by draining them out completely.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)