I suggest you ...

With the Windows taskbar on the side, BatteryBar is too big.

I have a widescreen and I put my Windows Taskbar on the side instead of at the bottom so my QuickLaunch bar can also be vertical instead of horizontal. BatteryBar does not shrink to a small-icon size while in this mode so it takes up too much space on the taskbar. Please consider this configuration in the next update.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wouter Vervaat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same issue here, it's just too big for a vertical taskbar. Upgraded to pro, but only slightly smaller available. Still too big. Not happy about upgrading.
        Preferably I would like just the percentage (or time left) without the battery icon, would that be possible?

• Malignant Bouffant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your fucking icon was too damn big in a regular horizontal bottom of the screen taskbar as well. You are a piece of shit just like your program.

• AdminChris Thompson (Admin, Osiris Development) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are aware of some issues related to using a vertical taskbar. We're currently focusing our efforts on upgrading the software to work with Windows 8. We'll work on addressing this issue after the Windows 8 release has been completed.

• Nobuyuki Ogawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Chris-san,

I use TaskBar in Vertical left side to maximize vertical pixels of screen work area.
        Since recent LCD screen has less pixels than older one.
        I use Battery bar Pro Version 3.5.4 under Windows7 Pro 64bit SP1.

I encountered incorrect deforming of BatteryBar appearance in vertical task bar.
        I would like to use "Thinkbar Green", but it is not displayed correctly in vertical taskbar.

Case Too Big:
        http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~hamano/TEMP/BBar_DefaultTooBig.jpg

Case Too Thin:
        http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~hamano/TEMP/BBar_ThinkGreenTooThin.jpg

Could you fix that?
        It is easy I believe because you did not tested simply with vertical taskbar.

Best regards,

Nobuyuki Ogawa

• Mark A. Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also came here to report this bug, but it seems the party is so long over that the lease on the building expired and it's now being converted to a Starbuck's. I even had a compelling screen capture and everything. Over three physical inches tall! This is what I would consider a show-stopper, if it were my code; okay, it's not and I still consider it a show-stopper.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think the battery bar is too big but only because I have a double height taskbar on XP and would also like a rotated battery.

• intika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

meantime change 90° rotation you can optimize the size and display by modifying
        the file
        C:\Program Files\BatteryBar\Themes\Win7Bar\theme.xml
        (if you are using win7bar theme) else change the theme.xml of your current theme.
        for example by changing these values
        <Margin>0,0,0,0</Margin>
        to set the display as you like and more smaller
        example
        <Margin>13,0,13,0</Margin>
        cheers

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have a widescreen and I put my Windows Taskbar on the side instead of at the bottom so my QuickLaunch bar can also be vertical instead of horizontal. BatteryBar does not shrink to a small-icon size while in this mode so it takes up too much space on the taskbar. Please consider this configuration in the next update.

Share Share on Twitter Share on Facebook

Feedback and Knowledge Base