I suggest you ...

Add the possibility to set the Designed Capacity manually

This would be great for batteries that don't send the right values too BatteryBar (like mine).

358 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thomas HusseyThomas Hussey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2008, it would appear this feature will never see the light of day. I just purchased it and my battery is giving a reading almost 13,000 mWh over its designed capacity.. it also cuts out at 7% this laptop is a month old as well. I would really like to see this feature implemented!

Thanks

• racecar56racecar56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature implemented as well. My Dell Latitude C840 with two batteries is somehow totalling at a rather high 114,840 mWh. Each battery is only rated for 3,800 mWh, and at least one of them is very worn, too!

My Acer TravelMate T2304Lci is a real kick: 654,230 mWh!? What's going on here? I don't know what it's supposed to be, but its reality value certainly couldn't be high, since the battery dies quickly.

• MahennemahaMahennemaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a ThinkPad Edge E130 with 2 batterys.
        One shows the real designed capacity, as stated on the label. The other battery value jumps from 50 to 65 Wh. Thats not the fault of BB, the battery itself reports the wrong value.
        a manual setting would be nice.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no sure if this is what i want, but BB doesn't seem to cope with my Toshiba Z830. This morning both power icon and BB report 98%, but power icon says 6hr34mins and BB 4hrs47mins.

• centauruscentaurus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Viliv s7 BatteryBar always shows 100mWh, And fail to show remaining time (not only 20~30m but should be 4~5h). I only see %. It could be so much better to see time remaining

• StratmanStratman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% with the ability to set the battery's capacity manually. I have two notebooks - an Asus UL80Vt with a 9-cell battery and an Acer Aspire 1825PTZ with a 6-cell battery.

I have always thought my Acer's battery had an unusually high battery wear and had it replaced 11 months later, under warranty. BB stated a high 20.6% wear rate, based on the Sanyo UM09F36 6-cell pack.

Battery Bar (and another freeware battery program) both reported 62,160 mWh as its designed capacity. Even the battery pack label stated 62Wh and 54,000 mAh.

After receiving my new replacement battery pack, Battery Bar initially reported 0% wear level for the first few days, which made me elated at first. Two weeks later, BB showed a sudden wear level increase to 10.3% (now at 11.5% as I write this), which didn't make much sense to me.

The first thing that crossed my mind was sending the replacement battery back to Acer, thinking that the service center had given me a badly aged unit. I Googled for the Sanyo's exact battery model and several websites reported the Sanyo's actual capacity as 56,000 mWh. Actually, BB shows 55,034 mWh as its total capacity which isn't too far from its actual capacity.

This could be a case of an incorrectly programmed battery. My Asus' 9-cell battery pack (after almost a year's of use) reported to a 3.1% wear level, which is consistent with its usage pattern.

Calculating manually, my Acer's battery pack should have an actual wear level of 0.98% and not 11.5%. For cases like mine, it would be great if Osiris Development allows the user to set the battery pack's designed capacity manually.

thanks for listening! :-)

• Tom RaunTom Raun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The battery bar on my eeePC shows also the wrong value. Would be great to set the right value

• THSTHS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I have 2 for my HP, 6cell and 12cell.
        They are supposed to be 4400 and 8800mah.
        But batterybar shows 7500 and 12000mah.

• JoannaJoanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Viliv s7 always shows 100mWh, and it should be 4700mWh. Both, Win XP and BatteryBar fail to show remaining time. I only see %. It would be so much nicer to see time remaining - Thanks in advance :)

• Matthew HelyarMatthew Helyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would certainly be useful. My dell Studio 1737 laptop reports a 5,200mWh battery, but it actually has a 56,000mWh 6 cell battery. Battery life is crap though, such a high power machine only lasts 1:10 to 1:30 even on the most economical settings

• horatio8horatio8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Dell Mini 9 reports the wrong value - I'm glad this is on the to do list - thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base